Born: Genova, Italy, november, 25, 1958
residence: Genova, via Argonauti 18/2 16147 Italy
tel. Fax 0039 010 4041667
mobile: 0039 347 4210098
– 1977 / 1983
University of Bologna – DAMS, graduate with honours
– 1987 / 1990
Fullbright scholarship, Film Division, School of the Arts, Columbia University, New York City, USA.
Columbia University MFA, screenwriting major.
– 1987/1990 (at Columbia University)
Special assistant cinematography (1988/1989)
Special assistant to Prof. Emir Kusturica (1988/1990)
– 1991 /today
After returning to Italy (1990)
Screenwriting teacher in private and pubblic institutions at Genova, Milano, Bologna, Viterbo, Roma, L’Aquila, Rimini, Padova, Verona, Modena etc.
– Visiting Professor of screenwriting, Cimes, dipartimento di musica e spettacolo (division of music and entertainment) (DAMS), University of Bologna
– Professor of “Teoria e tecnica del linguaggio cinematografico” (theory and technique of film language) ; dipartimento di musica e spettacolo (DAMS) Università di Bologna.
-2000-2015 and from 2018
– Trainer: Mediterranean film Institute script workshops, An UE – Media 2 project, Athens, Greece.
– Professor of “Teoria e tecnica della sceneggiatura”, (theory and technique of screenwriting) University of Genova at Imperia, DAMS
– Professor of “scrivere per i media: cinema”, (writing for the media: film) IULM, Libera Università di lingue e comunicazione, (free university of foreing languages and communications) Milano.
– Trainer, Katapult film script workshop, a UE-Media project, Budapest, Praha,
– 2007 and 2012
– Trainer, SMS, Summer media studio, a UE.-media project, Juodkrante, Lithuania
– 2009 RAI Training workshop, Roma, Italy, Trainer
– Erasmus exchange professor at FAMU Prague, Czech Repubblic
– Scientific committee for the development of SCRIPT program, Universitè D’Evry Val d’Essonne, France.
Trainer, Midpoint central european script center, a UE media project, Praha, Czech repubblic
– Visiting professor, LEA , Universitè D’Evry Val D’Essonne, UEVE, France.
Professor of “audiovisual production” – Imperia, Italy: Università di Genova, Universitè de Nice, PROTAVAS (Production and translation audiovisual)
Trainer, Film Teep, Bucharest, Roumania
– Visiting professor in screenwriting, FAMU, Prague, Czech repubblic.
Head of department at Famu International, FAMU, Prague, Czech repubblic
– Trainer: Albascript, Pogradec, Albania, organized by albanian film center and Cineuropa
– Member of Faculty at FIOFA film institute of Ohrid film Academy, Ohrid, Macedonia.
– Trainer: Eastweek screenwriting development program, at Trieste international Film festival
– Trainer: EHWA Clinik.Kathmandu Writing program, Katmandu Nepal, organized by Katmandu Klinik Docskool. Later Appointed Head of studies
-Member of the board of directors: IFA international Filmaking academy, Bologna, Italy
– Screenwriting trainer, Scuola Nazionale di cinema/Centro sperimentale di cinematografia, Roma, Italy.
– member of commission for the Kosovo center of cinematography for the selection of project to be financed by national support fund.
During these years For Mfi lectures and teaches in Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus, Belgium, Morocco, Turkey, Malta, Kazakhstan, Ukraine.
Other work experiences:
– 1984 / 1986
Free lance essays on film and audiovisual. Publishes on: “Target”, “Cinema e cinema”, “Nuovo”,
“Pakula”, (book) Il castoro cinema no. 114, La nuova Italia Editrice, Firenze (1986)
– 1987 / 1990
Columbia University student. Many scripts for short features.
Among other jobs hired by producer Marcia Nasatir and director Hector Babenco as a translator/consultant on Hugo Pratt’s “La ballata del mare salato” (unrealised project)
-“La sceneggiatura cinematografica” (book), Carocci editore, Roma, 2000.
weekly columnist, “L’avvenire” “Si fa presto a dire Tarci” (con Max Pisu)
Director “cinema a mezzogiorno” section director at Sergio Leone Award, organized by “associazione Sergio Leone”, Torella dei Lombardi (AV) festival director Gianni Minà.
-Columnist: “Cinema Doc” monthly review of the Liguria film critics association.
- “Le rapport entre narration et structure musicale dans l’oeuvre de Kubrick” (essay) in “Kubrick les films, les musiques”, L’Entretemps, série S.C.R.I.P.T., sous la direction de Brigitte Gauthier, L’Entretemps.
– “Charulata la femme solitaire, Tagore/Ray” (essay) in “Tagore / Ray” series S.C.R.I.P.T., sous la direction de Brigitte Gauthier, L’Entretemps, Paris, France,
– “Honeymoons de Goran Paskalijevic” (essay) dans “Scénaristes de la paix”, série S.C.R.I.P.T., sous la direction de Brigitte Gauthier, L’Entretemps.
- Produced short films and documentaries
“Una notte in Italia”, short feature, (16mm BN, 3 min) screenwriter and co-director (con Matteo Zingirian) Produced by Ass. culturale Dolly bell, Genova
“Assolo” script for short feature (w. Andrea Bempensante), prod. Tark film, directed by di Marco Pozzi (1995) in competition Venice film festival
“Uno spot contro il pregiudizio”, (short feature, Betacam, 2 min) produced by “Il giardino dei ciliegi”, in association with the “Ministero di Grazia e giustizia” (ministry of justice)
“Jacfkly” scriptwriter for documentary; prod. Forma international, directed by Ruggero Gabbai, hdvideo, 50 minutes; nationally released.
“Milan, le gru e Mimmo” (w. Mimmo Craig e Federico Brugia) directed by Federico Brugia, prod. the family film, Milano. 8 min.
“The orphan country” a documentary on Cambodia, produced by KADO, Phnomh Penh, Progetto continenti, Roma, (w. Matteo Zingirian). 24 min. hdcam
“Anomalia”, short feature, screenwriter (with Luca Franco), directed by Luca Franco, produced by Four rooms, Palco2, 16mm Black magic, film developed with the contribution of ministero dei Beni culturali MIBAC
- b) produced and released features
“Figurine”, feature script (w/ Luigi Cuciniello & Riccardo Ferrante) special jury price VIth “premio Solinas”. Also director (feature, 35mm, color, 100 min), produced by Union PN, Roma, distributed by Medusa film
4 festivals, 1 award
“La bruttina stagionata” feature script, (w/ Anna Di Francisca e Patrizia Pistagnesi), prod. Goodtime Enterprises, Roma. Directed by Anna Di Francisca (1996), distibuted by IIF
“Hermano” feature script (w/ Riccardo Aprile e Marcello Olivieri). Winner, best film treatment, “XI premio Solinas”. Also director (feature film, 35mm, color) director, Gam film, Roma; Lux film, Milano,
6 festivals 1 award
– “500!”, feature script (w/ Riccardo Aprile, Matteo Zingirian, Andrea Bruschi, Lorenzo Vignolo). (feature, 16mm, color, 98 min), Also co-director (w/ Matteo Zingirian & Lorenzo Vignolo), co-executive producer (w/ Matteo Zingirian) distributed by ThuleFilm
3 festivals, 1 award
“A deadly compromise” (Tv feature, 35mm, color, 85 min), director, produced by Pete maggi for Blue star movies, Milano, it and int.nal distribution by Eagle pictures, Roma.
Released in at least 16 world countries.
“Il commissario Rex”, (tv serie) scriptwriter, Produced by Beta Taurus, Monaco, Germania, Leader produzioni, Roma.
– Ufficio oggetti smarriti, Artistic producer, dir. By Giorgio Molteni, produced by M services, Ik media, Roma
– “Come trovare nel modo sbagliato l’uomo gusto” script editor and Artistic producer, dir. Salvatore Allocca, Daniela Cursi, produced by home productions, rome, Italy
“Tutti i rumori del mare” co-screenwriter (w. Federico Brugia) directed by Federico Brugia, produced by Laszlo Szipos, Budapest, The family film, Milano
– “Task force TF45” tv serie, 8 episodes (w. Beniamino Catena, Nicoletta Polledro) RB productions, Roma, Mediaset, With Raul Bova, directed by Beniamino Catena.
(episodes 1,2,3) released canale 5 – spring 2016
in preparation: (directing and screenwriting)
“Hard discount” (feature film) directing and screenwriting, produced by 4rooms, Italy,
In preparation (writing – under contract)
-“Un cittadino qualunque”, tv serie, (12 episodes 48 Minutes), screenwriter with Kristoph Tassin, produced by Climax films bruxelles, in development.
-“Flavour” (work title) screenwriter, produced by Anna Katchko, Tandem productions Berlin, in development
2018 – “La maratona di New York”, feature script, from the play by Edoardo Erba, w/E. Erba, in writing
- c) script editor or collaborations for films produced:
“In principio erano le mutande”, (35mm, Italia, dir. by Anna Negri) first draft only w. Rossana Campo ed Anna Negri, uncredited
“Bimba” (35mm Italy) di Sabina Guzzanti, script editor, Uncredited.
“A Miskolci Bonieskjaid” (35 mm Ungheria 93 min) dir. by Kristina Deak, script by Kristina Esztergalyos, prod. by Gabor Garami, Simon Shandor.
“Real world” (35 mm Grecia ) dir by Panos H. Koutras, script by Panos H. Koutras, prod. by Takis Veremis, Strada prod.
“Eduart” (35 mm, Grecia, Germania, Albania rep. Macedonia 104 min.) dir, by Angeliki Antoniou, script by Angeliki Antoniou. (awards in Salonicco, Montpellier, Mosca, Tirana, Method indipendent film festival, Calabasas, Calfornia ed altri)
“Verfolgt” (35mm BN, Germania, 87 min.) dir. by Angelina Maccarone, script by Susanne Billig, produced by da MMM zimmermann and company (pardo d’oro festival di Locarno 2006)
“Biloba” (16mm, Grecia, 88 min.) dir. by Sofia Papachristou, script by Sofia Papachristou, produced by Stavros Meleas, SMart media (audience award Salonicco, 2009)
“Guinness” (35 mm, Grecia 92 min.) dir by Alexis Kardaras, script by Alexis Kardaras e Nikos Panayotopoulos, produced by: Attr@ttivo, Bad movies e Graal productions
in development as story editor:
“a Grain of corn” (Slovenia, Croatia) direct. By Boris Palcic, from his own script, produced by Brna Srdic, Aatlanta film, Ljubiana, Slovenia.
“Stela” (Macedonia) direct. By Stojan Vujicic, written by Eva Kamchevska, produced by Ognen Antov, Dream factory, Skopje, Macedonia
-“Embryo, Larva, Pupa Imago” written and directed by Kyrou Papavassiliou, Cyprus.
- d) other
“Anche alle balene piacciono le carezze” (Theatre play) (co-writer, w/Max Pisu, Valerio Peretti Cucchi, Debora Villa) produced and distributed by Spectre, Milano
“Regione Liguria” (advertising campain, script) produced by Enrico Melis, directed by Marco Bonfante, released in national tv channels
since 2013 Member of EFA – European Film academy (no. 15451)
agent: Leo Diberti at Diberti e C., Roma, via GB Pannini 5, 00196
tel. :06 8530 4810
Website: internet movie database: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003262/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2
CF ita: RBB GNN 58S25 D 969 R
P.IVA ita 02901300109