The Transmission of Theatrical Art: knowledge or savoir-faire?
Colloquium organized by the University of Evry’s SLAM Laboratory
Thursday, March 19th from 9:30a.m to 7p.m, at the Théâtre de l’Aquarium
Teaching in the Performing Arts Department at University, creating workshops with amateurs, training young actors to theater art in Schools, all of this confronts us with the question of transmission between theory and practice. This colloquium will raise the question of art teaching methods, and especially for theater which is our own domain. Teaching methods bring into play differences between transmission and teaching, talent and technique, knowledge and savoir-faire. Its position between theory and practice makes us wonder about the importance of the university in Performing Arts teaching, alongside with Ecoles Nationales de Théâtre and Conservatories. Incidentally, the Ministry encourages us to merge research and higher education with the Ecoles Nationales d’Art, thinking about a possible Master degree in Creation.
This colloquium is in partnership with the Théâtre de l’Aquarium that will host us for Participative Theater with:
- Carole Bergen, ESAD’s head of educational methods and teacher at the Conservatoire de la Ville de Paris
- Marcel Bozonnet, former director of the Conservatoire d’Art Dramatique, educator, producer and actor
- Jean-François Dusigne, teacher in Theatrical Studies at Paris 8 University, head of the ARTA, and producer
- Amos Fergombé, teacher and head of the Performing Arts Department at Artois University
- Jean Lamber-Wild, producer, actor and head of the Théâtre de l’Union ( Centre Dramatique National of Limousin and the Académie Théâtrale de l’Union) and of the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Théâtre of Limousin
- Pierre Longuenesse, actor, producer and associate professor in Theatrical Studies at Arras University
- Elisabeth Naud, associate professor at Paris 8 University
- Joelle Richetta, associate professor at the University of Avignon and actor
- Isabelle Starkier, producer, actor and associate professor in Theatrical Studies at the University of Evry
- Serge Tranvouez, head of ESAD…